Friday, September 15, 2006

The Completely Random, Brain Fart Post

Okay, so I've been wanting to post something for the past few days, but haven't come up with anything too exciting to say; hence there have been no posts. I have now decided however to put up a post, but I still don't know what to say; hence the brain fart.
So, since this is completely random I thought I would fill you in on some completely random facts.


- An ostridge's eye is bigger then its brain.

- Cows make beef (just in case you didn't know)
- The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
- No word in the English language rhymes with Orange
- The symbol on the "pound" key (#) is called an octothorpe
- If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- "Underground" is the only word in the English language that begins and ends with the letters "und."
- The longest place-name still in use is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahor
onukupokaiwhenuakita natahu, a New Zealand hill.
- Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
-111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- Woodpecker scalps, porpoise teeth and giraffe tails have all been used as money.

I'm sure that there are many more, really this is only just a few, but I hope you enjoyed becoming informed about random facts.
Karissa


4 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Kriss said...

I have to give the credit for most of the facts to http://www.ehumorcentral.com/Directory/Jokes/674.html
There are a thousand more on there as well, although some of them aren't relivent at all.
But then again, was anything I put up relivent, probably not.
Karissa

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Yours Truly said...

you've got way to much time on your hands!! ;)

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Kriss said...

You know how much time I have on my hands, and it definately not WAY too much!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Kriss said...

Jill are you trying to say that I'm crazy?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home