Logbook-1
I have now completed my fist week of college and work, and I must say that it was great. Although I didn't get into some of it as much as I know I could have, I did learn and try new things.
We are currently taking four different classes. Monday is Spiritual Formation, Tuesday Old Testament, Wednesday Intercultural Studies (my favorite so far), and Thursdays are English. I learnt a lot this week, although I don't think that I could repeat it all back to you. One of the most exciting things I discovered is that each of us are 'called' to be part of the Great Commission, but each of us have our own individual 'call.' I guess I always knew that, but to see it written out and explained in someone else's words was so helpful. I have a better understanding, from reading others examples, of what individuals callings can be like.
As for the ministry part of the week, things went really well. Underground, D-team, Staff Meetings, everything was awesome. God has really blessed me with being part of such a great group of people who's mission and desire is to serve God and teach the teens of the Valley about Him.
I was excited to see everyone again at D-team and Underground and reconnect with some of the kids that I hadn't seen in a while. For the D-team/Underground small group that I get to be part of this year, Marry Kutyne and Grace Howard are part of it. They're two really great girls and I look forward to getting to know them throughout this next year.
Although this week was filled with a blur of activity, I must admit that I was feeling a little spiritually dry. I know that it was my own fault; one for not doing my devotions as diligently as I should be, and two for not calling out to God with my stuff. I know that He and only He can help me in my 'dry' spells, yet it never seems to be Him that I call out to. I want this to be different this next week however and seek to make God number one in everything I say and do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home