Linds Logbook
Wooden floor, country music, and blankets. This week was our second "in the swing of things". Monday I began my tap dance classes, and enjoyed the sound of the taps on the wooden floor, a sound I never get when I practice at home. Tuesday TREAD class was an intense discussion about Genesis 1, and Wednesday as discussion on motivation/necessity of youth ministry, heaven and hell, “the call” or God on our lives. The way I imagined TREAD to be, with us processing and debating stuff together, was fulfilled this week. Tuesday D-team went well. It was neat to get feed back that the kids liked the small group time we've prioritized this year. I enjoyed homemade pizza at my mom's house on Tuesday, and hang out time with a fun crew. The country music part of the week was the Wednesday night skit (signing to “Mr. Mom”), and fun time as Treadettes on Thursday evening.
I was disappointed that there weren't too many girls here for Wed. drop in. There are no younger girls coming out yet that I connect naturally, so it's a challenge. The weekend has been busy, with a "Focus" (teen training) weekend. We changed things up and had designated "rowdy" spot across the road for us girls who wanted to stay up late and "party". It was a definite success.
This week I often didn't feel like 'doing ministry', but rather curling up in a blanket. God's been teaching me, though, that this is not about me. (I need to keep on being reminded of this.) My purpose in ministry is not to make me happy, or even for me to be having fun (though there have been fun times this week), but to love God and people. May I enjoy the times my feelings support my glorifying God, and not listen to them when they don't.God answered my prayers for encouragement this week. Rich encouraged me, that I was appreciated and valued. Jade understood me when it seems like others didn’t, and James asked me how I was doing. God provides.

1 Comments:
Glad things sound like they're going well. A lot of exciting and new stuff happening over there. But keep Him as your focus Linds, being available in each moment to how He wants to you use ya! Love ya and miss you!! Jen
Post a Comment
<< Home