This Week

Maybe some lines from some songs will help to explain this week:
"...through the wild blue yonder of God's amazing grace..."Steven C. Chapman
"let this moment be, You instead of me...I've counted the cost, and I know, that everything tat really matters, is everything worth fighting for..."Jonah 33
Each day this week was interesting and I kind of felt like I was doing phycoanalysis on myself, thinking about why I do what I do, etc. God's been teaching me a ton about love, and what that loks like lived out. I've been encourage by those who have shown real love for me this week, and am learning to trust that.
Like when I was trying to do front flips at the pool, I've been frusterated this week when my will/emotions/facts/desires don't all line up. I really wanted try and do a flip, even if it hurt, but many times I'd end up just jumping off. This week in life God's helped me flip. When it come to love, often I could end up just jumping off, like doing the bear minimum, which wouldn't realy be love. I'm amazed that God loves me, soooo much more than I deserve, and that he gave up his life for me. "Great love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." John 15:13
I did succesfully do some front flips!! :) Jeff and Jade's words "all or nothing" as I was standing on the edge, are still ringing in my ears.
Monday was great homework day, lots of fun (yes english can be fun) writting essay stuff with Jade, and playing foot ball/snow. Jade and I concocted a delicious dinner at Jeff's which made me smile. I don't know how many succesful dishes it will take before I stop being afraid of makeing a terrible tasting meal.
Tuesday was a good school day, and a good time at my mom's for dinner with the regular crew and some family friends. I was encourged a D-team yet again to see the girls in my group really connecting and talking with each other.
Wednesday I got to hang out with Taylor, a grade seven girl quite a bit. It was neat to just hang out and go shopping with her. I was impressed with how well Richard did with the YU lesson, giving real personal examples of what he has been ambitious about in the past and how it hasn't satisfied.
We went to Victoria as a Tread crew this weekend, which was good "out of the ordinary". I got to visit with my dad (he gave us a tour/explaantion of his work, which was neat for the tread crew to see, and he really enjoyed explainning things.) I actually kind of felt comfortable and relaly glad to be visiting with him, drinking "beacoup de pulpe" oragne juice and sitting on his lap.
Sunday I enjoyed "running away" after Bowser church, and just having an AWAL afternoon by myself.
I'm almost scared/ excited for what this week will bring, as it realy does seem that life is an on going adventure. Thankfully, God's with me.

1 Comments:
God is so good Linds, and I've been encouraged this week just by being able to share in what He's been teaching you. Love you tons, keep trusting that He'll be faitful and that He loves ya.
Post a Comment
<< Home