Snow and Storm
I guess this week has beenrather unusal with the snow, slowing things down, but I haven't thought about the un-typicalness of it much, as I hardly know what to define as typical. Tuesday d-team went well, but I missed breaking into our small groups. Wednesday youth group was low-key due to the heavy snow fall (it snowed like crazy while we were inside, and we pulled some great team work pushing to get the cars around). One of the highlights of the week was sledding on wednesday afternoon. Trains of sleds, and bush bumbling, and snow in the face all mixed with lots of smile.
Thrusday, with school canceled us girls enjoyed haning out, and doing a winners run. We've taken time to talk just the three of us "top bunk times" which was good.
Friday we clarified our English assignments and I was surprised at how excited I get about writting. I could hardly contain myself I was so excited about the different ideas I had, and just being able to write stuff.
A highlight of the weekend was getting to hang out with Katie and Erica after focus, and then playing catch phrase with the tread crew at Jeff's. We also (finally) watched the "classic" Matirx which was laden with interesting ideas and analogies.
Sunday, I was encouraged to speak with people at Wildwood church in Bowser and have hem genuinely interested in how I'm doing. one lady specifically said she's been praying for me, which I am greatly encouraged by.
This week I've greatly benefited from some long and honest talke with Sonya and Jen. I appreciate thier listening, love and advice. Where would I be without you?
Today Jade and I worked on English essay which was alot of fun (yes..english can be fun!) We melded ideas and made sentences and got wet (me really wet) tossing the football,a dn then had fun making dinner with Jeff.
One thought that's be reoccuring this week is "God, what are you doing?" He hasn't answered with a three step plan, but remeinded me to trust in Him. I've been afraid this week, but comfroted by His love, and that He is a good Heavenly Father.
"Here on the storm, I am learning to let go
of the will that I so long to control.
There may I be in your arms eternally,
I thank you Lord, you are the calmer of the storm."
-Downhere

1 Comments:
Praying for you my dear friend. Life sure gets busy and confusing at times, but He is constant. Good choice of lyrics, that song has been a huge encouragement to me as well. Love you linds.
Post a Comment
<< Home