Logbook-11
You know, I used to think that I wanted to grow up and be able to do all those grown-up things and go all those grown-up places. Now, I think it would be fun to hid out in my room playing with my toys all afternoon, under the covers with not a care in the world. It isn't that I am not enjoying all the fun and freedoms that I have now, it is just that they also tie you down. I am not sure how it works but for some reason freedom comes with heavy weights that keep you closer to the ground then you want to be. Strange how it works, eh?
Some crazy stuff has been going on this week and some really great stuff too!
Monday was a strange day; I really wanted it to still be the weekend and was kind of ignoring my homework that needed to be done.
Tuesday was super! Although Tuesdays are one of my busiest days, their a lot of fun too. Discussion group at Isfeld went well and I am glad that I get to be a part of that. After lunch and voice lessons, I drove up to Cumberland to pick up Julia Kutyn. I have been picking her up for D-team for the last while and am enjoying the time that we get to spend together getting to know one another. She's a great girl. I'm excited to see what God has in store for her. D-team went well and my small group was able to open up a little bit and just chat about how things are going for them in life and at D-team and Underground. It too is exciting as I get to walk with them through this part of the journey of their lives. After D-team I went with Karen, Lindsay, and Jade over to Langdales for dinner. Wendy also had some other guests over, Kendra and her two boys, Isaac and Josiah. Those two little guys played for so long with all of us. It was great fun to be reminded of what it's like to be a little kid and play for hours on end. "Again, again, again," and "Run away!" where Josiah's two favorite sayings. We all had some great laughs and were all tired out by the time the night was out. I'm not sure how his mother lasts (or for that matter how I will ever last as a mother)! :-)
Wednesday was really good; the first really good Underground for me in a while. Music practice, the game (groups making noises [sound strange? You would have loved it!]), the new kids, the see-who-can-drink-the-most-blended-up-Happy-Meal-in-one-minuet-thirty-seconds-contest (so gross!), small groups and hang out time after. I am so glad that God has given me the privilege to be part of all of this! I have been taking it for granted.
Thursday was a hard day. We had staff meeting in the morning and then an English class. Mrs. Pascile has agreed to take on the English class and now we're cracking down on getting the rest of the work done before Christmas break (which is something else that I'm really excited about). After that was all done I was feeling kind of blue, but am still not really sure why. Fortunately that feeling didn't last.
Friday was a good day of relaxing, yet I managed to get a lot of school work done too! (I had made a list of all the things that I needed to do and now I only have three things left on there!) We decorated the house for Christmas (another exciting thing) in the morning, which has left me in a Christmas type spirit all afternoon. Yay for Christmas! In the evening Karen, Jade, Josh and I went out to a swing dance lesson. It was so much fun! Jeff and Lyndene showed up too and we all had fun (at least I think we did) dancing the night away! :)
Saturday was a great day too! Karen and I went to the parade downtown, Jade, Korey and I practiced music for Sunday morning, and Karen and I hung out in the evening. However, the best part of the day was the snow! It has been snowing most of the afternoon and is still coming down. It is so exciting!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home