Logbook-9
Oh no! I'm one day behind! Usually I post on Sundays, but I was sick yesterday, so you will have to bear with me...
Although not a lot of stuff happened this week, lots of stuff got done. Us TREAD students had a midterm paper due on Friday (2000 words min.) so I spent the week working hard at that. It is amazing how much time a simple paper can take. Jade and I were working together on Mother Teresa and how she is part of the Social Justice Tradition. What an amazing woman. She really took Jesus’ words to heart when He said that we should love our neighbour as ourselves. It was exciting to explore the many different aspects of her life and the impact that she had on the world around her.
Elsah came and spent the night on Thursday. It was so fun just to hang out with her and chat!
The previous Sunday Karen and I had gone with James and Sonya and filled up shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. It was really cool this Sunday to see all the boxes up the front of the Church. I have always wanted to be involved in the other end of it all and handing out the boxes to the children. It would be a ton of fun!
I got to spend the weekend at home which was really nice. Visiting, playing games, singing and playing my heart out at the piano, and eating home made pizza. I’m so glad that I had a chance to do that. It’s been a while since I have been able to be with my family alone.
This week I found that music has been a major part of it. I have been feeling a little less stressed and worried about things and I think that part of it has to do with music. I have my keyboard back here at Hamp’s and got to play a lot while I was at home. Every time that I play it is like I am becoming a little freer and a little more like myself. Music is such a big part of me that when I am not involved in it, I am not myself. It is neat to have finally got a small glimpse of how important music really is and how I need it in my life; like people need water. More importantly, of course, I need God and I need to make sure that I am spending my day with Him. Maybe this music thing is a reminder of how important God really is in my life. I need Him more then I need music, so seeing how much I need music is showing me how much I really need Him!

1 Comments:
glad your back to your musicalness self more ....I enjoy your tunes too!
Post a Comment
<< Home