Sunday, October 22, 2006

Logbook-6

Stars, Kick the can, good visiting, lessons learned, encouragement, and beauty; my week in a nutshell.

(Part of the group on our way to Hardwicke. I think I was wearing about seven layers including the life jacket.)
A group of us, Hamps, TREAD (Jade, TJ, Josh, Jeff, James, Karen, Lindsay, and me), Lyndene and Barry, went out to Al and Elaine's place on Hardwicke Island for the weekend. It was a great time away and I enjoyed the time out there thoroughly! We had a lot of fun just relaxing, playing games and enjoying the beauty of God's creation.
We got to play a lot of great games, see some really cool sights (including an old abandoned military base from World War Two), have an exciting wet boat ride, discover our personality types (apparently I am a type I & A), hang out, do a little bit of homework (somehow it seems to follow us wherever we go), burn some brush piles and split and stack firewood, along with a thousand other fun things. All in all the weekend was great!

During the week I was working through some hard stuff. I was facing a lot of indecision and uncertainty on some major things. God was so good to me and provided me with opportunities to open up to others and share my burdens with them. Lindsay and James and Sonya where a great encouragement to me and helped me to see things through another set of eyes and showed me God's gracious love. I am so thankful that God has designed for us to be in a community and with Him, not alone in this world.

Underground, D-Team and discussion group went well this week. My school work load this week wasn't too big so I was able to focus a little more on these thing a little more without the worry of homework in the back of my mind the whole time. God blessed me with encouragement by others and it has helped me to see that I need to be more of an encouragement to the people around me and I hope that I was able to do that even a little bit this week.

So here is just a little glimpse of my amazing week!

2 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger PJ said...

I recently took an "unofficial" personalty test and I was type A as well...aren't type A's the one everyone makes fun of...? Sigh.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Kriss said...

Ya I think that is it, unfortunatly. It's funny how we always end up being the one's that get made fun of eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home