Linds: and He holds my hand

Colossians 3:14-15 "But above all these things put on love, which is the bondof perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one bdoy; and be thankful."
Highlights of this week: lunch at Jerry and Jeanette's in Bowser, long walk and honest talk with Sonya, visit with Jen :D, d-team capture the flag game, connecting with Joanna, "date" night with Karissa and Karen.
As I look back over that highlights, and remember the frusterations of this week, the verses above from the passage Colosians I've been pondering come to mind. It was hard to love many times this week, and I didnt always "put on love".
Through pain, and frusterations and anger and questions this week, God granted me peace as I came to him. God reminded me of the importance of unity amougst us as Christians..we are all part of the same body.
The photo scavencger hunt in Bowser on friday was a good night. I was enthused to see my team work well together.
I'm also glad that I got to hang out with a friend from school on the weekend.
Excerpts from a poem I wrote:
He throws me up from His strong arms,
And I fly through the particles He made
Giggle, He catches me
His hands embrace my potential
Rips the band-aid off my knee
Same needle that patched my favourite shirt now digs in my wound
It was healing just fine
With pebbles inside
Like maggots in my heart
Is it worth flying to fall?
Is it worth loving to ache?
And I talk
He hears it all, the words I want to shout
The tears I wish would vent
The fear I don’t even understand
And He doesn’t explain much
Enough clarity that I don’t crash into the maple tree
But not enough that I can see the trail ahead
Why did we take this route?
Is He leading? Or just coming along?
He rolls up my smoky plaid button-up shirt
My pretty pink sweater
So He can hold my soft hand
Like when He holds my hand at the dentist
And clenches His teeth as I wince
And offers me His hand to squeeze

1 Comments:
I love your poem Linds. It's beautiful!
Post a Comment
<< Home