Saturday, October 07, 2006

Proud Surfer


Definetly the best part of this week was surfing at Long Beach. I've never had such a good time surfing!! I was actually warm! and Karen and I had a blast trying and doing several tricks...standing up and holding hands, double skiing :) It was a beautiful sunney day...definetly my kind of school...

This week I had more learning to do...God pointed out pride in me.

Classes went well, enjoyed learning more Old Testament stuff. What stuck out to me in Deuteronomy: that God kept placing rminders in yearly festivals and feasts to remind the people of His faithfulness in the past. He commands the people to bind his commandments on their foreheads, wrists and ankles and on their doorposts, to talk about them on the road, at home, with thier children, all over. God know how soon we forget. This is a good reminder for me, to not forget His faithfulness, and to set up reminders for myself of what he has done in the past.
"Ministy wise" a highlight this week was talking to a young girl. Surprisingly she told me of things she admires in me. A blessing to be encouraged. God had been challenging me to be honest with people this week, so it was neat to be honest with her about the struggle behind the strength she sees.
Regular YU activities went well. Bowser last night was good. I'm encourage that the kids are glad to see me. It's been neat to see different kids softening up. They soak up the attention I give them for posititve things, and then respond better when I tell them to "cook their jets" and not flip out. I'm thankful that God's given me a love for them, even when I don't FEEL like playing dogeball....
Big thought: heard this week of two guys who grew up in YFC, and have been envolved in ministry who are now not on track with God. If they, who a one point seemed so strong, can get off track, what's going to keep me on track?

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jen J said...

Glad you had a great time surfing, and it was such a blessing to see you yesterday and to chat. I do miss you:) Tough lessons learning about pride, I'm with ya in that boat my friend, but He is good to direct us in the right way:) Love ya tons! Jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home