the jazz of this week

I started this week sick, and enjoyed taking it easy at my Mom's house. My body knew that my mind and heart needed a break, and kicked in to sick mode.
It was good to have down time to read, cry and think.
Tuesday d-team, it was neat to have two girls join the team. We had time aloted to spend by ourselves with God, which was a blessing. Then super fun time at my mom's house, with an impromptu water fight ( I lost sorely to Jade) and play time in the living room.
This wednesday was the "best one yet". God blessed me with His love for the kids that came out. Looking at them as we played pool, or talked by the river, or sat in our small group, I saw faces of kids that God dearly loves. It was really neat to watch Katie lead our group well. I've watched her develop spiritually and in leadership over the last three years. Also, I was blessed to hear of Julia K, and EIlish's concern and love for the "lost" kids at school.
Academically, we had a busy week. Our Old Testament course had a heafty assignment this week, along with out other three courses. I really enjoyed what we were studying though. Different things really came alive to me as I read Geneis , Exodus and Leviticus. So many neat things...Neat to read the whole big picture of the development of the nation of Israel, and see God establishing his covenatn with people, and from generation to generation, reminding his people of his promises. The ided of Leviticus hit me afresh, "You must be holy because I am Holy". Spiritualtiy and loving God our not confinded to one little sector of our lives (or shouldn't be) but affect every area.
Thursday night it was good to have some solid hand out time around a camp fire at Riverbend, us live-in treaders. Friday, after finishing homework I enjoyed hangin out with Natania. Cool to connect with her again (we led a group together when I was in gr. 8), then go stocked up on songs from Jado :) for my trip to Bowser/Victoria. Julia came with me to Bowser on friday, since we drove straight through to Vic afterwards. I continue to be excited about the opportunity to love the Bowser kids. It was neat to indroduce Julia to them. Beneath they're hard shells that their rough lives have necesitated, theire is a softness and a lonigng to be loved.
Saturday at my dad's was o.k. Not spectacular or terrible.
I enjoyed the drive south and north, and Bowser church on Sunday was good. It was neat to meet a few more people. Then it was really neat to go over for lunch at Jerry and Jeanette's. They are a really neat older couple who help out with YU. Their love for kids inspires me. Neat to hear some of their family history. I'm blessed to work with them.

1 Comments:
Glad you had time to yourself, always good to reflect and be refreshed. Love and miss ya tons Linds! Jen
Post a Comment
<< Home