Sunday, November 05, 2006

Logbook-8

Another hour, another day, another week, another batch of EXCITEMENT! Things went fairly well this week. I can't really complain. Although I was working through some hard things during the week, the rest of it was great.
We had Focus (Teen Training) this last weekend. Will Taylor spoke and we had the kids from Bowser out for Friday night. Karen and I got to go across the road with the rowdy bunch (they actually weren't that wild) and stay up a little later and be a little crazier. It was fun to just talk with some of the girls for a little while about life. We ended up talking about our crazy dreams and stuff like that. It was so much fun!
On Wednesday night we had a dress up party for Underground. It was amazing the costumes that people came up with. Dana was dressed as a potato (yes, a potato), Katie was a cowboy, the list goes on. It was a lot of fun! Playing piano in a big sleeved, medieval dress was definitely an interesting experience! Not to mention trying to play the game upstairs too!
Tuesday at D-team I had a good discussion with my small group girls. We covered some of the things that needed to be talked about and then enjoyed a little bit of chatting too. It's been great getting to know them all a little bit more as the weeks go by.
Today me and the TREAD guys lead the worship for the Living Hope Church. God was definitely trying to teach me something about waiting on Him. The sound equipment (for reasons unknown to me) was late showing up so we never got to do a sound check or practice with all the instruments. It was definitely an interesting experience. I really don't like doing music when I haven't had a chance to get everything arranged before hand. I think that God was simply trying to say to me, "Trust in me. Just because it's not going the way you think it should, doesn't mean that it isn't going the right way." It is good to hear Him say stuff like that, as hard as it is to take some times. I'm so glad that He has got everything under control and that it's not up to me, or there would be some serious trouble!
I'm excited to see what else God has in store for me this week, but also a little afraid that He might have some good lessons up His sleeve for me too. Lessons are always good, but sometimes you just don't want to have to learn them.
Kriss

2 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Yours Truly said...

lesson..life...it's not boring eh?
thanks for the hugs...

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Kriss said...

Your welcome! Thanks too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home