family times
This week has been good. That sounds simple, and un-profound, but it's true. Good clases, I'm really liking our Spiritual Formations homework. One assignment on our ideal "ministry" job, and another about how we want people to perceive us, what we would like said about us. Interesting to think about...
D-team and Underground went well, and I enjoyed haning out again with Joanna on thurs. Around the house we've had fun this week with dance practices, and goofy times. It definetly feels like we're sibblings around here.
It was a blessing this week to talk with Sonya and Jen quite a bit. To confess stuff to them, and work through stuff together is amazing. Being honest and real is hard, but the opposite is worse. It was good to talk over stuff that had been chewing me up inside. I really do need Christ expressed through his body.
Thrus, went to see the Sound of Music,and then babysat at James and Sonya's till fri. after lunch. Good to see little boys be boys.
"And a boy is, the only thing that God can use to make a man...." band-Jonah 33
Then, I got to visit with my friend Robyn, who's home for the weekend from SFU. So good to see her and her family (like family to me) again.
Sat, did homework, after a nice sleep in, and then D-team " ye-haw" progressive dinner. Good times together. I liked sitting beside my sister...I miss her.
On Monday I went with my mom to Vancouver to visit my Grandpa in hospital. Enjoyed the chance to visit with my friend Robyn as we drove her over to SFU, and with my mom. Hard to see my grandpa very frail, weak, and old looking. But neat to hear him talk, his same old sense of humour. He thinks he's as "healthy as a baby squirell". And, I found out he was posted on York Island during the fourties. I went to visit the ruins of the military base when we went to Hardwick. So neat to ask him questions, and find out where the barracks were, etc. I could lead him on, since I knew the place a bit.
verse: "Let no one look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in the way you live, in your life, your love, your faith and your purity."1 Tim 4:12

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home