The best things in life don't fit in boxes-Linds
Music doesn’t fit in little black dots with sticks like awkward corn stocks
Love doesn’t fit in a love letter written with flowy calligraphy
Summer camp can’t be contained a photo album, even if it’s got sweet stickers
I haven’t married a gold band
Or given birth to a cute set of osh-kosh-b-gosh overalls, even if they are covered in front yard mud
A commentary can’t explain friendship
I can’t describe the warmth of knowing I’m not alone
Autumn doesn’t fit on a post card
Mountain air can’t squeeze into an air freshener
Love doesn’t stay in the coffee shop, sipping the hot chocolate, even if I lick the whip cream off the mug and get in on my nose
Hope isn’t flat like the horizon
And you can’t buy spring in the store
A textbook doesn’t hold history
Love is not contained in their kiss, or in between their clasping mittens
Trust isn’t the diameter of a climbing rope
Enjoying cheesecake can’t be portrayed in emailed instructions
Love can’t stay on the beach watching the waves tease the dry surf board
It doesn’t give a recipe, but bakes a batch of gooey cookies
You can’t paint sky blue on a wall
Or make passion fruit juice from concentrate
You can’t just read a book about ballroom dancing
Or toss a foot ball on a computer program
God doesn’t fit in a box

4 Comments:
I love it Lindsay. You did such a great job!
hmmm, awesome linds! i love that:) glad our friendship doesn't fit in a box either, miss ya and love you lots - Jen
good call Jen!
wow did you write that Lindsay!? thats cool, it really made me think and reflect on things in my life. Can't wait to come visit you guys! Have a good day.
Post a Comment
<< Home