Monday, November 13, 2006

November 11th


This week has maybe been a typical week, if that's possible. Activities went "normally", except for a dissapointing gym night in Bowser, with the kids not being enthusiastic. I enjoyed wednesday night, and it was neat on thurs. to see Marg at Vanier. As a TREAD crew we were busy finishing off our term papers. I enjoyed writting a big essay..it's been awhile since I wrote one. I enjoyed playing in the leaves with my sister on Thursday, and visiting my friend Robyn on Saturday.
On Remeberance day, I remembered my visit to the National War Museum in Ottawa. Walking through a fake trench, I was struck with the realness of war. I tried to not let it sink in while I studied both world wars in highschool. I don't know whether I agree with conscription, or what I would have done had I lived then. But that doesn't change the fact that it happened , and that today I enjoy the freedoms people faught and died for.
It used to be that 18+ year old boys were just a number. Now they are my friends. They are boys becomming men with hopes, dream, energy and lots of life left. And so I remember somberly the many men (and women) who died in the wars.

1 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Kriss said...

I sorry Linds, but the words tipical week and TREAD just don't work together... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home