Monday, November 06, 2006

Linds-comunication


Communication often ends chaotically. Or, better said, miscommunication ends chaotically. This week was a good communication week. I guess it really should be other people saying this and not me, because the effectiveness of communication is not judged only on if I think I understood, and was understood. It's also bassed on the other person's reception. Anyways..all that to say..I had the privelege of having several really good conversations this week. Litening to people, encouraging, praying. One with a boy from Bowser who's in a really rough spot, kicked out of foster home, etc... I got to share with him how God has given me joy, purpose, and how the whole "forgiveness of sins" thing works with Jesus. As we talked, I didn't feel like I was speaking all cheezy and churchy like, which excited me. Jesus, and his forgiveness and joy, and LIFE, is not some borgin pew thing for me. I was actually able to communicate that!


A thought last night: I was feeling unloved, or at least only conditionally loved. God reminded me that my belief in something does not constitue it's truth. In other words, I can not believe something that is actually true, or believe a lie. Just because I act/feel like I'm unloved sometimes (and actions show what we actually believe), that doesn't mean it's true.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Kriss said...

I'm glad you had such a good comunication week Linds. Thanks for being open and talking to me and for listening to the things that I had to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home