Monday, November 27, 2006

A week is seven days long


Highlights of this past week were: playing with little Josiah at my mom's house, having good conversations with other treaders, and playing in the snow.
God's been challenging me the past while on having a good attitude re. schoolwork. I've been enjoying the classes even more this past while as I've been rembering what a privelege it is to be able to learn about God, and interpersonal stuff. As a tread crew we're in a "studious" time, having lots of work to do before our Chrismas break. I've been quite productive this week/weekend, and realy enjoying doing some writting assignement, and creative writting stuff. Ministry wise, d-team and wednesday went well. I'm encouraged and delighted as I watch Katie, Hannah and Julia K. work so well together in our small group. We have great discussion time on tues. as we talk about life, and pray for each other. Wednesdays I've been writting skits, with Nathania's help. Each week it scares me, and I don't know whether the skt will be funny. This past week's was "completely pointless" for a change, and I managed to pull of a mock serious wrap up, which made my knees shake.
Thursday was an extra good day...staff meeting, explanation of english, and then discussion group at Vanier with Jade, hang out with Joanna and Simona. I was encouraged about discussion group, one guy came out ( but I'm seeing that success is definetly not in numbers) and we got to know him a bit more. He's keen to do some "bible study" stuff which I'm excited for.
Friday was homework, and Christmas decorating. The weather got the hint and followed suit on saturday, which makes me smile:)
Friday night in Bowser, I was excited to see Brody again, a keener kid.
Saturday morning was especially good typing. I'd forgotten how theraputic writting is, and how much I enjoy creative writting. My dad came up and hung out with Julia and I forlunch which was great.
Youth Network focus=best part snow ball fight.
Sunday was a relazing Snowy Sabbath. I enjoyed time to read, and think, and write, and went for a walk with God in the snow. It was beautiful down by the river....and in the trees, and "on my nose and eyelashes"
God reminded me this week that He has iniciated towards me, and "We love Him because He first loved us". Isn't that amazing!! I didn't iniciate, He made the move, on me a sinner. "You didn't choose me, I chose you"!!

3 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Jeff Janzen said...

Hey good one about the Snowy Sabbath, I hope that you enjoyed it tons and that we can all go out dancing one day. :-)

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Karendemandt said...

I missed out on the decorating, but u guys did an amazing job. It is beggining to look a lot like Christmas (the snow even adds to the effect)

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Jen J said...

love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home