Being honest...
Hello all,
As most of you know, Karen, Lindsay and I all share a room, share a classroom, share a car, share air, share everything. :D Anyways over the last few months Lindsay and I have been having a hard time with each other. Neither of us would admit to the fact that we were mad at each other, and neither of us would come clean about how mad we really were. So not last night, but the night before, we were just sitting together talking and somehow (someone) we got the whole topic of being mad at each other. By the end of the night we both realized how much we had been feeling alike and how sorry we really were for it all. So yesterday at YU we thought that it would be really good (because the topic of the evening was Honesty) for us to make a skit (not really a skit, but a dialog) of how things had been working for us for the last few months. We 'performed' the skit for the whole group, giving them a very honest glimpse into our lives and what we had really been feeling about each other. Our conversation in the skit was double sided, showing what we were saying to each other and then how we were actually feeling about what was being said. At the end we explained to everyone how this had really happened and the truth that God had opened our eyes to His love for us and how our friendship was suffering because we had refused to love each other as friends. Admitting that we had both struggled deeply with this was hard to do in front of everyone, but we both knew that it would be good to show that things like this happen all the time, even with people who live together, eat together, go to school together, etc.

It's good to know that God is full of love and grace and has provided us the grace to forgive one another and to come clean with each other. Even though I thought I would be happier if I just stayed quiet and didn't say anything to Linds about it all, after I had told her, our friendship has improved so much already. I can't believe how much God has blessed us. I thought I was going to have to endure her for the next three months, but things are going to be so much better now.
Thank you God for showing us the importance of being honest with one another and giving us the grace to come clean. :D
Kriss

1 Comments:
Hey there Kriss, Thanks for using my sharing air comment in your post, thanks for no recognition or proper documentation of who actually said it first, I'm kind of hurt. But I suppose that's OK, good post.
Post a Comment
<< Home