He is risen!!!
This week was an interesting week. At first it started off slow and I was feeling overwhelmed with homework and I still am, but not as much. This week has seemed very slow and I have been feeling down, that I can’t really explain. I think it has partly to do with the fact that I am tired, have lots to do before I head home, and even heading home for the summer has been weighing heavily on me, but God is good and I know I will survive. This weekend was Easter and what a good Easter I had. The Langdale family invited me to stay at there home for the weekend. I had a fun time hanging out with them and it was a relaxing time.
On Friday we went to Isfeild for the Good Friday service. Before the service I went for a jog and as I was standing by the river talking with God I was able to meet a girl I have never seen before. Her name is Michele Brown and she made my day. She happened to be walking behind me and somehow I ended up scaring her because she didn’t see me standing where I was. Scaring people is a good way of starting a conversation, we talked for a while. She was so friendly and her smile and friendly conversation, as I said before, made my day. As I was jogging back I thanked God that I was able to talk with this girl and I asked Him if there was a reason that He had placed her there at that time. As it happens while I was at the Good Friday service this question was answered. As I was watching a reenactment of Jesus’ death on the cross it struck me and God told me, it’s people like Michele that I want you to bring to know my name, it’s people like Michele that I long to be close to my heart, and I died that she might have life. Wow neat, God is so amazingly awesome. This girl Michele, who was so friendly, a real breath of fresh air, needs God and my duty is to introduce her to God. God desires more then anything that we be happy, but that we share a close relationship with Him and that we find our joy in Him.
On Sunday morning I went with the Langdale family to Goose Spit to watch the sunrise! I have never actually sat down at a beach and watched the sunrise, it was amazing! I didn’t know that for some people that getting up on Sunday to watch the sunrise was a tradition on Easter morning. I think that I am going to make that a “must” for my family tradition. The clouds were out, so that when the sun rose it made beautiful colours of pink, and orange on them. I got some pictures of the sunrise and last night I downloaded them on my computer and I looked through them at least five times, they were so beautiful. God is soooo creative!
On Friday we went to Isfeild for the Good Friday service. Before the service I went for a jog and as I was standing by the river talking with God I was able to meet a girl I have never seen before. Her name is Michele Brown and she made my day. She happened to be walking behind me and somehow I ended up scaring her because she didn’t see me standing where I was. Scaring people is a good way of starting a conversation, we talked for a while. She was so friendly and her smile and friendly conversation, as I said before, made my day. As I was jogging back I thanked God that I was able to talk with this girl and I asked Him if there was a reason that He had placed her there at that time. As it happens while I was at the Good Friday service this question was answered. As I was watching a reenactment of Jesus’ death on the cross it struck me and God told me, it’s people like Michele that I want you to bring to know my name, it’s people like Michele that I long to be close to my heart, and I died that she might have life. Wow neat, God is so amazingly awesome. This girl Michele, who was so friendly, a real breath of fresh air, needs God and my duty is to introduce her to God. God desires more then anything that we be happy, but that we share a close relationship with Him and that we find our joy in Him.
On Sunday morning I went with the Langdale family to Goose Spit to watch the sunrise! I have never actually sat down at a beach and watched the sunrise, it was amazing! I didn’t know that for some people that getting up on Sunday to watch the sunrise was a tradition on Easter morning. I think that I am going to make that a “must” for my family tradition. The clouds were out, so that when the sun rose it made beautiful colours of pink, and orange on them. I got some pictures of the sunrise and last night I downloaded them on my computer and I looked through them at least five times, they were so beautiful. God is soooo creative!
I have had a wonderful time at the Langdale’s and they definitely spoiled me this Easter. I am thankful that God has surrounded me with many people that open up there houses to me and enjoy having me around and I them.
Well I think I have talked myself out, so I will talk again soon!
Well I think I have talked myself out, so I will talk again soon!


1 Comments:
Wow Karen, that's so cool! Isn't it neat how God places people in our lives? I'm excited about what He will do through you in Michele. Smiles!
Post a Comment
<< Home