Saturday, March 24, 2007

So this week started off really good. We Tread students as well as: our teacher and his wife, James and Sonya with Izi and Eli, and Brian and Susan, went to Victoria for three days. We had fun shopping; playing games, going out for supper, but the best part of all was going to the Orthodox and Catholic Churches. I loved the Orthodox Church because of all the friendly people we met and the beautiful icons. Father Baxter the pastor introduced us to some of the things that went on in the Orthodox Church, some things of which I thought neat and others I didn’t quite believe. I think the most interesting thing he talked about was the fact that they believed that Mary was a virgin before after and during Jesus’ birth. I am pretty sure the Bible tells us that Jesus in fact had brothers. Mark 3: 31 says, “Then Jesus' mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him.” I liked the big stain glass windows in the Catholic Church. I found it interesting that, in the alter and pulpit, the Church had incorporated native art with their traditional art. I thought this was neat because Agnes, our tour guide, had said that the pagan art had some things that related to that of Christianity.

When we had got back from Victoria I found myself going to the library a lot. For some strange reason I had a hard time sitting at home and getting homework, I was addicted to the library. I did manage however to slip in fun during the weekend. On Friday there was a fun girls night at Sonya’s. We had a chocolate fondue and walked to Tim Hortons where we enjoyed timbits. Then on Saturday I had an amazing time bowling with a bunch of girls from the D-team and others from Underground. It was a great time to laugh and well be girls. We also took a trip to DQ afterwards. We had fun eating blizzards and fries and taking pictures.



Well it’s late and my bed is looking really nice right now so bye bye

1 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bowling was so much fun!! ..haha.. running around DQ to get ride of the fries we eat:P...lol...haha...that was fun!!...funny:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home