Saturday, March 17, 2007

An AWESOME week!

This week was amazing. God opened my eyes anew, showing me wonders I never expected. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and came and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity.” Jeremiah 29:11-14
I have been going through a lot of different struggles, trials and journeys in the past few months and they were really starting to depress me. I was tired of being sad, upset, and confused all the time. This week God did something wonderfully unexplainable inside of my heart. “Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD; Oh Lord, hear my voice. Let you ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.” (Psalm 130 1-2) I had been crying out to the Lord, but never really looking for an answer. Like the last part of the passage in Jeremiah says “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” I wasn’t seeking with my whole heart, and I knew it. So I surrendered and allowed Him to be found, or you could say that I simply opened my eyes to find myself in the arms of my Father.

Great are the works of the LORD; they are pondered by all who delight in them. Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever. He has caused his wonders to be remembered; the LORD is gracious and compassionate. Psalm 111:2-4

At youth group this week Karen and Jeff started off a new session on the scroll that the Tread crew had created while at Prairie for Intersession. It was really neat to show the kids the scroll for the first time and to begin to open their eyes to God’s plan for missions throughout all of scripture. Karen and Jeff did a great job and I had fun listening to them talk about the thing that we had worked so hard on all together.


Also at youth group Lindsay and I did a make-up skit. It was great. Lindsay was my voice and my arms, putting my make-up on as I prepared for Underground Idol. Gosh, these pictures are funny and I really would have loved to be in the crowed watching the whole procedure, but experiencing it first hand was pretty fun too!


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey.....I'm glade to here that you are doing good and that god has opened your eyes!! I enjoyed reading your post, and by the way, the skit on Wednesday, that was great! You where amazing!! Have a good feildtrip!! Love you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home