I wonder...
if emotions were so complicated at the beginning of creation. I mean did Adam and Eve have such strong, such complicated emotions as we did? Or have emotions escalated after sin entered the picture? We were learning about emotions this week in Spiritual Formations class and it's been on my mind a lot lately. And honestly I've been pretty emotional for the last long time. :P It was interesting doing the reading in Dallas Willard's book, Renovation of the Heart, and seeing what he had to say.
You could say that God has really been teaching me about being open with others lately, teaching me to get out of my little shell and talk. As hard as it might be for some of you to believe, I don't talk a lot during class or about what I'm feeling to others. It's just one of those terrible quirks that I need to work out. So I have been trying to be more open with others lately and tell them how I am feeling, tell them what's on my mind. Sometimes make myself believe that it would be easier if I didn't, but there is not nothing better then honesty and openness in relationships and I have discovered that more and more lately. Thanks to all of you who have been patient with me and have been willing to live and learn with me (you know who you are;) ).
Karen and I had fun this Friday taking pictures with her camera down at the beach and then discovering the 16 picture setting. It takes 16 pictures, one right after the other, so we had a ton of fun doing that! You'll have to check out her last blog to see a set of those. Spending time at home on Friday was a blessing and delightful (mmmm homemade pizza)!
All in all this has been a good week, a week of living and learning, a week of forgiveness, a week of pain, but a beautiful week indeed. God is good! Let us praise His Holy Name! Listen to Brian Doerksens song Holy God for a wonderful, simple description (if you can call anything about God a description) of our Father.

2 Comments:
Hey, hey I am glad that you are sharring ur feelings with us more, it's much better that way because then we know what we can pray, for you!
I hear tomorrow is beach day? I am quite excited about that!
Hey Karis, thanks for your openenss. it's easier to carry stuff together, isn't it?
Post a Comment
<< Home