Friday, February 23, 2007

Saturday... fun... pastweek... allright


Okay soooooo todayyyyyy wassssss ummmm….. AMAZING! Today I got up early and went for a jog. Oh and for any of you that don’t know I gave up jogging with my walkman for Lent. So as I jogged this morning I was without any form of music, but I didn’t mind, more time to talk to God. After my lovely jog I came home and worked on clearing out my closet, aaaaa. What a mess; it’s amazing how many papers I have collected over the past seven months. After attacking my closet Karissa’s mom came and picked us up and we went to Karissa’s house. Once we arrived at her house we went to the beach to take pictures for the fully alive logo. Karissa and I had a fun time finding out what exactly my camera could do. We found out that it takes some sweet fun shots and has funky colors and shading.




Tonight I am going to play some indoor SOCCER; yes I get to play soccer, unbelievable! I am sooooo excited! I bought myself a nifty pair of blue adidas soccer socks and Barry lent me his shin pads oh and it only coasts 3 dollars! Did I ever mention that soccer is the best sport there was ever invented?

Anyway besides all the fun I am having, there have also been some struggles. For some reason this week I had lost my drive to work on my homework, but I am back to normal. Do you ever get those days, I do and it’s not so great. I have also been overly exhausted. This week in Spiritual Formation we were talking about feelings and the affects they can have on us. I really do think that I let my feeling overwhelm me this past week. I have been thinking a lot about going home for the summer. It has become a heavy burden and in a way it still is, but as I was working on our assignment for feelings, I came upon a saying in "Renovation of the Heart" by Dallas Willard that said, “We cannot live without them (feelings) and we can hardly live with them.” This made me think and I was reminded of the verse in Matthew 11: 28-30, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” If we let or emotions take over we can be drained of our energy and forget all the wonderful things that God has done for us.

3 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Kriss said...

Hey K-Ron
I had super fun taking those sweet pictures. We definately have to do it again, on a date maybe? ;)
Lindsay will want to join in the fun for sure!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Yours Truly said...

yeah, what's up with the pics without me ;(
ain't feelings the, well, like shoes..sometimes we love em' and they help us do great and sometimes we just want to go barefoot, a we have them in all different shapes and sizes and styles. Flip flops anyone?

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Love, lost, emotion, feeling- Life said...

Sorry bout that, but we can take pics together, it was upsetting that u wernt there, but we will make up for that :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home