Sunday, February 18, 2007

Busy....

This week has been quite busy. I enjoy busy weeks, most of the time. I got to go for a few jogs and spend time with friends. I scored a bonus of being able to go for a walk on the beach twice this week. It was amazing. The first time I went to the beach I went with Karissa and her mom, Karen. We took our shoes off and let our feet feel the cool sand. I also dared to stick my feet in the cool ocean water, brrr it was cold, but so fun. On our second adventure to the beach Karissa, Carmel, and I managed to bring a healthy lunch of pizza, sparkling apple juice, and bites and bites. Even though there was a slight breeze, the view and fresh air was AMAZING!

Today in College and Careers we talked about the importance of the Lord’s prayer. As a group we took the verses and broke them down into smaller sections and divided them among even smaller groups. Our group received the line “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.” It is amazing at how much can be drawn out of this eight word sentence. First of all the prayer starts off with our father not my father, proving that all of us work together as a body not that one works alone. “Father in heaven” God is not just God of the earth, but of more unfathomable to imagine. “Hallowed be your name,” there is no specific name given to God but name. Maybe God can’t be given a specific name because he posses many names. The prayer also starts by praising and acknowledging God, I could go on and on, but that might take a while. I just find it so cool that a small sentence can have so much meaning. How many times have I read through something without actually taking the time to analyze it peace by peace and seeing all the hidden messages, too many.
Through the past few weeks God has been teaching me about surrendering things to Him. It is amazing how much freedom comes from surrender.
To say the least I am very tired and exhausted. A whole new week starts tomorrow so I think it is off to bed for now. Night!

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Yours Truly said...

yeay for beaches that "Our Father" made!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home