Thursday, February 01, 2007

Life----


Hey everyone!! man, it's been ages since I've wirtten..I don't want to get artharitis so I won't write everything that's happened the last while ;)
I echo Karissa's post--I'm thankful we were honest with each other. Honesty is hard, but good friendships can withstand it, as I'm learning, and they can even be strenghthened through it.
I felt like quitting over Christmas. I was tired of being in such a small group (frusterations with Karissa playing in to that). I contemplated running away. God did a good job though of teaching me. Through good conversations with friends, and praying, I realised that this is where God wants me; the best place to be. Were I to run away from here, I would be avoiding alot of the stuff that it's best to face, and that will come up througout my life.
Encouragement in brief:
Jen: God is good, and loveing and cares about you.
Mike: Thrive where you are, in this momment.
Richard: God is good-be thankful. It's exciting to work with kids.
So I'm still in Tread, and thankful that I am. I've got a renewed determination- enjoying the classes, and making more time to hang out with younger girls, which I love.
God has been so good in sustaining and teaching me. Hard, but good is the best way to put it.

I' went to Hawaii with my step mom, sister, dad and step-sister for a week. Nice to have a warm summer week and time on the beach. Surfing in the warm water was amazing!

Other news is that things have changed here in the Tread crew again---Jade left to finish this semester out at Prairie. He is missed.

Our courses this semesters are neat so far, Church History, and Intro to Theology, and it's been great to see different girls again. Man-I have some neat girls in my small group at YU! We've moved to more of a discussion format, less with the lesson (Hannah and Katie's brilliant initiative) which is great!

Well, that's it for this random catch up for now....c ya.

1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Michael P Fast said...

Hey thanks for the encouragment Linds. I wish that could always be the definition of my life, thriving, moment by moment. Always good to hear positive things from out your way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home