So…oo. o….oooooo T..ir..e….d an…..d lo….vin…..g i..t…!.!!!
School, homework, friends, laughter, swimming, Focus, family time, D-team, Underground, baptism of a friend and soccer tomorrow; yes for busy weeks! This week has been full of activity, but no worries I LOVE it!!! I am very very tired, but that is my fault for having an awesome night last night. You see yesterday night was Focus and well… when it comes to going to bed there are two bed time options to pick from; the one option involves going to bed at a descent time and the other, staying up late doing whatever your mind finds interesting. As it happens I went to the side I always go to; stay up late and do whatever your mind finds interesting. As it happens our minds found that it would be interesting to make tea with the necessities available in the garage across the road. For our tea needs we fo
und: tea bags, syrup (our substitute for sugar), marshmallows (picked out of a bag of Lucky Charms), suckers (substitutes for a spoon), mugs and plastic Tupperware containers (for holding the tea), and last but not least a tea kettle! Wow I don’t think I have ever had a stranger tasting tea; my tea was a good ol’ Chi Tea with all the extras. While we enjoyed our tea we took lots of fun pictures and talked about the speaker that night, Phil Cann. Phil was very funny and also very repetitive which got his point across very nicely. He talked about the importance of reading the word, not just skimming it, but actually getting into it. He made it clear that we as believers have forgotten the importance of the Bible, God’s word. A quote Phil used a lot was, “It sounds random but we know it can’t be because it is in His Book (the Bible).” It really challenged me as to how I spend my time in the scriptures with God.
Rewinding a little bit, the rest of the week was also very good. I have gone to the library a few times this week. I like going to the library it is a good and quite environment were I can study and yes opps I even fell asleep, but I have an excuse for that one… I was finished most of my homework and well those nice cushions are very very comfy.
Anyway, if you haven’t noticed already, God has blessed me a lot this week and for that I am very thankful!
und: tea bags, syrup (our substitute for sugar), marshmallows (picked out of a bag of Lucky Charms), suckers (substitutes for a spoon), mugs and plastic Tupperware containers (for holding the tea), and last but not least a tea kettle! Wow I don’t think I have ever had a stranger tasting tea; my tea was a good ol’ Chi Tea with all the extras. While we enjoyed our tea we took lots of fun pictures and talked about the speaker that night, Phil Cann. Phil was very funny and also very repetitive which got his point across very nicely. He talked about the importance of reading the word, not just skimming it, but actually getting into it. He made it clear that we as believers have forgotten the importance of the Bible, God’s word. A quote Phil used a lot was, “It sounds random but we know it can’t be because it is in His Book (the Bible).” It really challenged me as to how I spend my time in the scriptures with God.Rewinding a little bit, the rest of the week was also very good. I have gone to the library a few times this week. I like going to the library it is a good and quite environment were I can study and yes opps I even fell asleep, but I have an excuse for that one… I was finished most of my homework and well those nice cushions are very very comfy.
Anyway, if you haven’t noticed already, God has blessed me a lot this week and for that I am very thankful!

1 Comments:
yeay for sleeping, to quote Ortberg "sometime the most spiritual thing you can do is go to sleep"
Post a Comment
<< Home