Monday, March 12, 2007

Vancouver and back




This past week climaxed with my time in Van. YFC stuff was good-fun time getting soaked sledding up the mountain on tues with the d-team, and then bowling on wed with RAT pack, I like to call it RAT and mouse pack when us girls join them.


I got hmk done ahead of time so that all I had to do on the weekend was relax, visit and read. Igot to see my grandpa on fri afternoon, and then my good friend Robyn. Crazy Vancouver drving in the dark and rain was an adventure, then so good to see the context of Robyn's schooling. I miss you Rob!


Then time at Trinity with Jen, good talks and I read "Blue like Jazz" which was provocative. Made me think about how I understand the Christian faith, and people around me. It helped in my thought porcess of how I'm definetly not perfect, or even good on my own. I'm learning that what annoys me in other people is usually a reflection of what I would like to forget in myself. I think there's a poem in there somewhere.....


Time with Jen was good, as we talked about life, school, future, money, frugality, summer, hopes, fears, you get the picture. Too bad Hannah wasn't there, but her bed was comfy;)


And now, back in Courtenay, fun last night at Emmaus, as we had a beat-neck poetry party. Neat to read poetry, and eat good food. Delicious drink by Sonya, like pina coladas :)




Verses that encouraged me over the weekend:


Jeremiah 17:7-8 (read 5-10 for context)


Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree lanted by the waters, and that spreadeth our her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, diether shall cease from yielding fruit.




(pretty in King James eh?)

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Jen J said...

thanks for the sweet visit linds - always nice to just spend time together. Glad you made it home safe. Blessings on your week again, lots of love and prayers:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home