Sunday, March 04, 2007

This week...

What a good, long week. It’s one of those weeks that seemed like it began a month ago and at the end of it all you are wondering how you lived through it. Haha!
For D-team on Tuesday, after our History class in the morning, we had great fun making avocado, coconut and chocolate chip masks on people. None of the D-teamers in my group wanted avocado smothered all over their faces so I volunteered. Somehow I got it up my nose and in my ears too, along with the avocado peal in my mouth and coconut in everything! It was great fun! (I'll put some pictures up later when I get them.)
On Wednesday Underground was a blast, as some of us were dressed up in clash. The thing was to wear cloths that you normally wear, but just stuff that doesn’t work well together. It was great fun indeed. Several people forgot all about it, but they really enjoyed laughing at the rest of us who were dressed up. Richard talked about building our “house” on the “rock” of Jesus and used wonderful visual examples of brick houses (made out of a single brick) on rocks and then on sand. Seeing the stable foundation of the rock compared to the shiftiness of the sand gave me a mental picture of where I want to “build” my “house.”
(Sonya, Richard, and Karen all love the clash!)


Friday morning brought clean-up/set-up for Focus and then a little bit of relaxing time in the afternoon before starting up the whole Focus weekend. Phil Cann (the Quest series guy) was here speaking to the group of us and he did a wonderful job. His sessions were on how we need to “sharpen our sword” which is the Word of God. And how if we don’t read God’s word, than we have nothing to “fight” Satan with. The Word is so important that if we neglect it, than we have neglected our life line. Of course we need to talk to God though prayer, but meditation on His word is so important too! Phil’s words were really impacting to me and it deeply encouraged me to spend more time in the Word.

(Randy, Jas, and Rebeka "playing" dodge-ball)


Some very excited news is that my friend Jill was here on Saturday. She is now a hard working Homewood Camp girl, who will be cooking up a storm in the kitchen there. I’m so happy that she’s only an hour away now instead of eight! Hopefully we’ll see a little more of each other now eh Jill?

(Jill would kill me if she knew that I had put this beautiful picture of her up here, but now she doesn't have high-speed, so I don't think I have to worry about her seeing it! :D)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...Clash night was good, i enjoyed Richerds talk as well, i think it stiks better if they use an exsample when they talk.... friday was good too, i really enjoyed Focus,Phill Cann was great...so funny ....lol.....I love the pic...haha...thats great!!
cya on wednesday! Love ya!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger PJ said...

That hottie is ME? Wow.
But you know you shouldn't put pictures like that up you'll make everyone else feel bad.
(I may not have hi-speed, but I'm still keeping my eye on you!)

Ps. You're dead meat.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Kriss said...

I knew you would be so pleased Jill ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home