The Week-over, or weak over?

What first comes to mind when I think of this week is that I'm going to be more sore tommorow morning than I am tonight, because today I got to go snowboarding :D. My friend Joanna kindly gave me a free lift pass (she' Mt. staff) and I borrowed Karen Epp's board, so the whole day was free!!! I though I would find snowboarding (my first time) much harder, so that was a pleasant discovery :) I didn't think it would be so much fun! (reminded me of surfing)
Friday in Bowser, Karen came with me, which was excellent, because I'd been apprehensive about going myself. We prayed on the way down that smiles would be brought to the kids' faces. It was "makeover"night, which I thought wouldn't "go-over" that well. But it "turned-over" to be and excellent night! as the boys played poker, one lady offered hair cuts (keeping with the girls unique styles' but freshing them, and making them look great!) and another makeup lessons. The girls usually give the impression that they don't care much about what they look like, and have very low self confidence, which shows up in interesting ways. To see them know that they were cared for, and beautiful was a highlight of the Bowser year so far.
Sonya came over on Fri night for a long awaited hot tup with us girls. Then she trimmed my hair, and I like it. (I'll be expecting compliments, hint hint ;)) Speaking of Sonya, it was great on tues. to have a long talk with her. I could unload some stuff that's been biking through (thought I'd use biking instead of running ;)) my brain. I like that she's getting to know me better, and can thus offere better questions, and insights.
School was good this week. We've got a feild trip to Victoria on Monday, which I'm sure you will hear about. I was challenged this week as we talked aobut what part the body has in spiritual formation, to think about how much time I spend concerened about my body, and how important that really is.
I've been thinking about the strength in weakness, and how I am grateful for the people around me (this week my mom and sonya in particular) who support me. It is so beautiful when I recognize my weakness and depend on God.
Quote to ponder:
"so long as we see ourselves as competent we do not qualify" Elisabeth Elliot
"so long as we see ourselves as competent we do not qualify" Elisabeth Elliot

1 Comments:
I like your hair cut! it looks good! .....When i frist went snowboarding, i was so sore, i spent most of the time on my butt tho...lol....Have a good week Linds!
Post a Comment
<< Home