Sunday, April 15, 2007

A week gone by...

I have been being haunted by a stinking cold all week and am trying so hard to get rid of it, but it just seems to be sneaking up to kill me. So I’ve officially decided that I will have to take a one week vacation in which whatever homework I should have gotten done is now cancelled. However, I’m not sure how I’m going to convince James and Dr. E. of this one. Maybe they will have pity upon my poor soul.

The major event of this week was definitely the 30 Hour Famine at Courtenay Middle School. As Karen said, we did the Gym Blast, which she did a super job of getting everything all set up (Nice job Karen, it rocked!) and making sure it all ran smoothly. Because of this cranky cold that I have, I was super tired by about 10:00 and thankfully, was able to go take a sleep in the van for a while. Without those random resting periods throughout the night I would have been dead by about 11:00 for sure! There sure were a lot of things to do and I think that the kids really had a good time. One thing I was disappointed in was the fact that nothing was really stressed about what the Famine is all about. It sort of seemed like the actual Famine time was just a great big party, with no thought going to why these kids were doing what they were doing. That was sad to see, but I hope that next year they will do more things to recognize what the Famine really is about.

This week was also our last week of classes. It was really strange sitting in class and knowing that it would be the last time that I would be sitting in a Tread class. Because I have decided to move on to Prairie next year, I wont be back in Tread next year. It’s been hard knowing that these are the last few days here with my roomies and hanging out with these people that I’ve been sharing the last year of my life with. Fortunately I’ll be around all summer and can keep growing those friendships with these people, but it will still be hard. I must say that this last year has been amazing, even with all its difficult times. There has been so much cool stuff that I have learned!
See ya again next week! :D

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Yours Truly said...

Oh, good times resting in the van...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home